Saturday, September 13, 2008

We Made It!!!

So we are done with the babysitting! Yeah! No really it was not very bad at all. The hardest part about the whole thing was that there were SO many kids, which meant SO MANY activities. Someone had something going on everyday! You know Volleyball, Chorus, Yearbook club, Swim meets, Beauty school, Mutual, all kinds of things. It was hard to get EVERYONE to school, but we were late to school only one day! YAHOO! I made it. My brother has 6 kids, the youngest is a 1 year old and the oldest is 16. It was kinda nice watching the Morgan, the teenager; me and Chad have found out new rules that we will DEFINITELY have with our kids when they are teenagers. Teenagers are pretty stressful! All in all we had a fun time. Those kids are such good kids. They all take such good care of each other. It was so awesome to see. When it is time to leave for school Garrett, the 14 year old boy calls everyone to say prayer. They did this every morning with no reminder from me. They all came to the front room before bed to read scriptures. They have not missed a night of reading scriptures in SEVEN years! The Farley kids are such a good example to me. I can only hope that my family can be as strong and have as good of spirit as they all do. I did have a good time babysitting them! I miss them right now, especially baby Hayden! I did not get any pictures while we were babysitting, I wish that I would have! Oh well! It was fun, not so bad!


This is the most recent picture that we have of them...one is missing...Hayden! We miss you guys!!! We had a fun time!


Done with the babysitting
Carter and Anna have been in school for one month now. We have not liked Carters school AT ALL. They go to different schools, Anna goes to Crown Charter School, because her birthday is later. And Carter goes to the public school. Our plan when school started was to switch Anna as soon as we could, it did not go that way. I have not liked Carters school. He is not learning anything at all. In fact he is forgetting stuff he learned in Kindergarten because he is not doing anything! Carter has not had any home work yet. I asked his teacher if he is going to be getting some any time soon. She said they are STILL going over rules and procedures...FOR A MONTH! she said that he will not get any homework until October?!?!?!? School started August 4th! Anna comes home every day with homework and already has her first spelling test! She is doing so good and loves school! Any way, also Carter has not been his normal self since school started. He is not as happy. He have been stressing about him since school started! So we decided to switch him to Anna's school! It was the best decision EVER! He started on Thursday, so he has only been there 2 days but he says he likes it more than his other school! We feel so good about this decision! Here are some pictures of his first day of school, he now has to wear a uniform...






















































So Carter is back to his happy self! He was so excited to go to school on Friday!

7 comments:

Weisenbeck Family said...

WOW, that is a lot of kids to keep track of. I don't know if I could handle that many kids. I'm glad it went so well.

Jami said...

Emily, way to follow your mommy gut instincts with Carter's school! Going over policies and procedures for almost TWO months is over the top extreme. Did she not want to do lesson plans until then? I don't understand the logic there. Poor Carter must have been bored out of his mind. So kudos go out to you and Chad for stepping up and doing something about it. :0)

And I TOTALLY agree with you, Cory and Jenny's kids are AWESOME!!!!! Unbelievably valiant and just GOOD! I don't know how they did that, but I too aspire to have such a positive effect on my kids. Cami was in my primary class and was just fantastic. I'm kind of jealous now that you got to watch their kids. HA HA. But not so jealous of the hectic schedule since I'm not a big fan of being over booked more than one day in a row. I feel like I'm being trapped or something! But none-the-less, you ROCK for taking over and being such a great caregiver. I just may give you my kids next time Lawrence and I go out of town... KIDDING! Sorry for the heart attack. HA HA.

Katie said...

C & J's kids are really good kids. They take good care of each other and you can tell they are all taught the gospel alot at home. They are a great example to me every time I have watched their kids.

I'm glad you feel right about your decision for Carter's schooling and that he is doing so well with the change.

Phoenix Girlfriends said...

nice JOB...didn't even break a SWEAT!!! i'm totally impressed with the prayer things for 7 years straight! DANG!!! awesome! :) you did great. so with the schools...i'm working at a charter school that just opened this year...it's INCREDIBLE...the curriculum, standards, and staff...just throwin it out there in case!! :) 99th/happy valley...candeoschools.com :)

Gates & Tausha said...

woops! that last one was from me :)

Episode Experts said...

So...what rules do you have planned for when you have teenagers??? I am dying to know what you learned since we are on the verge of having a pre-teen.
Tammy

Shanda said...

Oh dear! I'm so nervous for the school phase. I'm glad you were able to find a great school for Carter! He is such a cutie!