Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Carter!



First I just have to say I CANT Believe I have a SEVEN year old!! That is Crazy!! So yesterday was Carter's birthday! So here is my story for Carter.... It is long, Carter has had a lot happen in his 7 years of life!

Me and Chad decided not to TRY to get pregnant, but Not to PREVENT it. I went to the Dr for something totally different and we told them that we weren't preventing, they wanted to rule out pregnancy. So they did a blood test, I found out I was Pregnant while I was at McDonalds!! I was Chad and my sister LINSEY. The Dr. called to tell me and I was like " Shut up, NO WAY!!" Linsey could tell RIGHT AWAY what was said on the phone, she was RUNNING over to me in the McDonalds Chad was like what the heck! So I told him what the Dr. had just said. We were all hugging and jumping up and down in the McDonalds. Everyone at McDonalds was like HUH? They all knew, everyone was congratulating us. It was really funny. Now that I look back at that I think MAN that would be so funny to be one of the people just eating there watching us. It was funny! I was so excited. I LOVED being pregnant. I did not get sick at all, I felt so good. I loved it so much!! We found out it was a boy and I was so excited, I always hoped for a boy first. Not long after we found out it was a boy, I went for my routine visit. The Dr. felt like he should check me,I was feeling Strong Braxton Hicks already. I was already 50% ephased. I was 22 weeks along, my first baby. The Dr. was very concerned. I went on COMPLETE bed rest, and I had to take Terbutilin. That was not so much fun! I hate Terbutilin. It is actually a asthma medication, it is supposed to relax your uterus so you wont contract. It makes you very shaky and I could never focus, but it made me tired too. It was not fun. I had to take it every 4 hours day and night! Even though I did not like taking that so much I still LOVED being pregnant!! I loved feeling the baby move around, I just think that is so awesome. I love it. I still felt good except that Terbutilin stuff!! So it got to be Easter time and I was like Oh I get off bed rest in almost a week, I want to make Sugar cookies. I think that is what did it for me! Chad was working nights at the time. So at about 4 in the morning my water broke! I was 35 weeks! I thought I peed. It was not a lot and every time I stood up it stopped coming out. I called my mom and she said she thinks it was my water that broke. I called Chad and he came home. I still was not feeling Contractions!! We went to the hospital. When we got there they did not even think I was pregnant, I was hardly showing. I am tall, and he had a lot of room to grow. So I got a room and they checked me, I was 100% ephased but not dialated at all. The Dr. I was seeing was out of town so it was someone totally different! Anyway it did not take long, like 2 hours after I got there He was ready to come. I pushed one time and he was here!!!! YAY!!

So Carter was born 5 weeks early. Because of that he had a lot of health issues from the first day. They said that he did not have his sucking reflex yet, he would not eat. He still struggles with eating today as a seven year old. Carter got to be about two, and we were always worried about him he would go SO LONG with out eating a single thing. He was always getting sick, always! When he was 2 he was hospitalized for few different reasons. 1. He couldn't breath, he was having a very bad Asthma attack, we did not know he had asthma before that. 2. All of his blood levels were extremely low, he was below the charts for his weight. He was Malnutrioushed. Some of the levels got dangerously low. So he was in the hospital for a little over a week. We got his levels up a little, but every one was so worried about him. All the Dr. wanted to run so many tests over the next whole year. They wanted to know why he was not eating. So first he had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. They wanted to see if something was hurting him when he ate. He was tested for cictic Fibrosis, he was tested for so many things that lasted a whole year. In the mean time he had to drink this drink 5 times a day to get his levels to stay up. The drink was $6 a can!! 5 times a day! It was really expensive and hard. The drink would fill him up so we still would not eat, but his levels were okay. He was hospitalized again during that year, for not eating and losing weight. Again at age 4 he was in the hospital! He went and got his 4 year well shots and we think they cleaned the skin and he jumped, they maybe poked it where they didn't clean? We don't know what happened. That night Carter was extremely uncomfortable. He was getting all red and swollen his whole entire arm was so swollen. We took him in, he had Celulitus!! That is an infection in your blood stream. It was spreading very quickly. It could be fatal if it makes it way to your heart. So he was in the hospital, he was taking oral anti-biotics and had to get 3 shots a day of a different anti-biotic for about 5 days. Again at the age of 5 he was in the hospital. This time was really weird. Carter started complaining that his hip was hurting. He was complaining for a few days. So I took him to an Urgent Care. They could not take X ray of his hip and we had to go to the ER. So here we go again!!!! So They did X-rays and it was nothing, but they had more they wanted to check. It turned out that he got a virus of some kind, a cold maybe. And the Virus moved to his hip. His hip filled with Fluid. They had to test the fluid to see if it was infected and it was. Of coarse! So they treated him a few days and we came home. So since that time, he has been doing pretty good. We have quite a few scares with him. And he is so strong and he trusts us, when they need to check something, he is willing. He teaches me so much! I love my Carter boy, even though he causes me SO MUCH STRESS!


So as Carter got older he is a very special boy! He is so sensitive, and super smart. He is very sensitive to other people's feeling too. He is so awesome. Carter is always the one that feels so bad if something happens. He stresses out a lot, about a lot of things. He does not like to not be around me. Carter writes me notes everyday. One day he wrote me a note, he said my heart is pounding for you mom, I cant stop thinking about you! He is a lover boy. Loves to cuddle and always has to be touching me, even if it is just our elbows touching. He is very calm and very relaxed. He does not like to play like a rough tough boy. He likes to play inside and on the computer. He loves school and loves to learn. For his birthday I said if you could have ANYTHING in the entire world, what would it be? He thought about it for a little bit. I was sure he would say a Wii or a Playstation or something like that. You know what he said? He said something to do with MATH!!!! He loves math and is good at it too!

5 comments:

imbize said...

That is ONE handsome boy!! I can't imagine all you went through with him.. You are a tough chick! :)

Katie said...

What a great post. All those pictures of him are so cute.

Rachel said...

what a cute little guy. :) i cant believe you have a seven year old either. i still remember hangin out with you at girls camp when we were in yw. :) em, that last pic of you with your two little ones-you look gorgeous! i love your hair like that-i've never seen it that long, very pretty!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Cute boy!!! Happy Birthday day Carter, I should say late birthday. And hello Congrats on being preggo!!

Jami said...

HOLY HEART ATTACK!!!!! Carter's going to be somebody very special in the future. You know how all the important and great people went threw a lot health wise and almost died a couple of times... Yah, he's got the record for it.... Not to mention the brains! If he's doing 4th grade math, he's going to pass me up pretty soon. So sad, but so true. HAHA :0)